Version 0.1.1 is now available on CTAN! This version will come bundled with TeX Live 2016 and the LaTeX distribution included in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial).
Owl Beamer color theme
The effectiveness of a colour scheme is heavily dependent on context. Colours that look nice on a computer screen can be impossible to see on conference projectors; a theme that stands out in a lit room may strain the eyes in a dark room. This LaTeX package adds a new option to Beamer’s growing variety of colour themes, to increase the probability that you can find one that fits your presentation’s individual needs.
Owl is a Beamer color theme optimized for the real-world conditions I found myself most commonly presenting in. It was designed with three guiding principles in mind:
- Simple colours = no distractions
- Owl uses black, white, and slight gray tones for the structural elements of each Beamer frame, putting the focus of each slide on your content.
- Dark and bright rooms, dark and light themes
- A white background is best for visibility in brightly-lit rooms, whereas a black one can be easier on the eyes in rooms with low ambient lighting. Owl provides both dark and light themes, easily configurable with the package options.
- A palette optimized for common projectors
- Business and university projectors are often calibrated with an extremely bright green channel and very dim red and blue channels. Owl redefines the basic colour names
cyanto attractive hues that are still visible on these projectors.